Wednesday, 24 August 2011

A Saturday in Photos (on Wednesday)

Last Saturday F. and I had the great pleasure of trying out Chef Martin Ruiz Salvador's 7-course Tasting Menu at the esteemed Fleur De Sel in Lunenburg.

Our 7-courses turned into 10 with all the extras, and along with the wonderful company and atmosphere (the rain, thunder and lightening actually added a nice touch!), it was a satisfying and cozy way to spend a Saturday evening. We stayed (and breakfasted) at the Mariner King Inn again, since we enjoyed it so much during our last visit in May.

Here is our Tasting Menu in photos!

Chanterelle Mushrooms



Eel Lake Oyster with horseradish Mary Rose sauce.
Chilled green olive soup with black olive tapenade, Nova Scotian shrimp, tomato and croutons.

Micro greens, zucchini flowers in tempura, and tomato stuffed with ricotta and basil.

Foie gras on brioche with peaches.

Butter poached lobster, paprika potato salad, pea shoots and beans.

Roasted peach sorbet.


Duck, wild rice, and bok choi with gastrique chinoise.

Our lovely cheese board.

Chocolate semifreddo crème anglaise.

Blueberry soup with sour cream ice cream and granola.
---

Another breakfast at the Mariner King - more apple-stuffed brioche French toast! Along with the brilliant sunshine we woke up to, it was the perfect start to the day.
The lobster eggs benedict was even better this time around.
---

What was the most interesting and delicious dish you ate last weekend? That green olive soup really stood out for me.

4 comments:

  1. That Eggs Benny looks....to die for. I haven't had anything crazy good lately with this new diet...but...soon enough! Your meal looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most interesting and delicious thing I ate last weekend was definitely Renee's corn chowder from the TIBS FAMILY DINNER. So good! I really need to get that recipe.

    The Fleur De Sel pictures look so tasty, I really need to find a way to get to Lunenburg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green olive soup. Oysters. Foie Gras. Chanterelles. Stunning. Beautiful pictures, Aimée! Miht as well cook up some hotdogs tomorrow;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited I had Nelly remind me your blog. I loved your comments on my blog, and felt bad I couldn't remember yours, LOL! Nelly saved the day! This looks like such a beautiful experience! The olive soup has me intrigued, I love love olives! Hugs, Terra

    ReplyDelete